salty candy 塩飴;
The rainy season is officially over. Now it’s time for the hot Japanese summer. I asked some adult students for ideas on how to beat the heat. Here are our suggestions:
1) use a parasol when you are outside,
2) wear light clothing,
3) use an electric fan or an air conditioner when you are inside,
4) drink lots of water and eat salt candy before exercising,
5) go swimming,
6) eat garlic after exercising to help your body recover from tiredness,
6) go and watch fireworks, and
7) eat shaved ice.
Which do you do? Do you have any other suggestions?
(by Prof. Douglas Jarrell)